VsPortal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rework end game towers

2 posters

Go down

Rework end game towers Empty Rework end game towers

Post by Englocked Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:51 am

Many towers are needed to deal enough dps late game (usually when you have between 70 and 250k gold). This causes huge lags and/or graphic bug; it also decrease the value of some small bases (not enough room to place diamond gm+enough towers). I would suggest to limit the amount of end game towers to 4 and give them more upgrades so they can deal as much dps as ~30 current lvl3 end game towers for the same amount of gold.

Englocked

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Rework end game towers Empty Re: Rework end game towers

Post by Kurisu Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 am

YESSS, THAT WOULD BE GREAT! Then we can spam 30 of those and have the equivalent of 900 level 3 towers in damage! THEN WE CAN ALWAYS KILL THE VAMPIRES, NO NEED FOR THE END Evil or Very Mad

. .. . I understand your point, but this one I doubt even more than the other one.

Kurisu

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Englocked Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 am

I don't understand your post. How can we spam 30 of those if it's limited to 4 per human? Or do you mean the whole human team building 30 in one base? And regardless, how would that be a problem since the same amount of resources is needed to reach the same amount of dps? Besides, 4 of those new towers fully upgraded would cost like 400k gold. Upgrades would be something like 5k->15k->30k->50k. Building 30 of those is retarded, you might as well build "the end", less expensive.

The main purpose of those towers is to make humans able to defend without making the game lag before they can afford "the end".

Englocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Well, doing this with 4 would completely blow off the V3x avoidance trick with the towers. Can't do it with four ;p Need 6, and 6 would still be 150% output compared to before, therefore making humans tougher, which they need, but not at that point in the game.

Think of it this way, You know how you build 2 level 2 health towers and 2 level 1 health towers? What is going to stop them from building 6 level 7 end games, 6 level 6 end games, 6 level 5 end games, etc etc, that would be over overkill. >.> Plus humans have this burning desire to keep the game running for as long as they can, (No Idea why, I like to kill vamp at 5 if they don't have a shield ;p) so building this would let them sit quite comfortably in their base and do nothing, maybe even afk with a couple of workers around the wall, while the vamp is getting hit by 20 towers that were more powerful than before.

I understand your point is to help reduce lag, but lag is an aspect of the game and is used to slow vampires' actions down. I wouldn't remove the lag at all, makes it "Fun."

If you are really wanting to remove lag try suggesting gold mines :O

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Englocked Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:26 am

Kurisu wrote:Well, doing this with 4 would completely blow off the V3x avoidance trick with the towers
This trick doesn't work as far as I'm concerned
Kurisu wrote:Think of it this way, You know how you build 2 level 2 health towers and 2 level 1 health towers? What is going to stop them from building 6 level 7 end games, 6 level 6 end games, 6 level 5 end games, etc etc, that would be over overkill. >.>
No. As I said already same resources spend, same dps. What's going to stop them from building so many towers as you say is that they can only build 4 towers. The point is to reduce lag, remember?
Kurisu wrote:I understand your point is to help reduce lag, but lag is an aspect of the game and is used to slow vampires' actions down. I wouldn't remove the lag at all, makes it "Fun."
Lag is so much fun indeed, I'll have to remember to launch my downloads next time I host a game. No seriously, how can you argue that lag is fun? FWIW I have a good computer and I don't suffer from lag much but lots of vamps who attack my base do, and it's pretty annoying to see them running around and die eventually without being able to do shit. And what about the graphic bug, is that fun too?
Kurisu wrote:If you are really wanting to remove lag try suggesting gold mines :O
Thought about that but we would have to rethink the whole blinkproof system while towers is a pretty easy fix.

Englocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:30 am

Englocked wrote:
Kurisu wrote:Well, doing this with 4 would completely blow off the V3x avoidance trick with the towers
This trick doesn't work as far as I'm concerned
Kurisu wrote:Think of it this way, You know how you build 2 level 2 health towers and 2 level 1 health towers? What is going to stop them from building 6 level 7 end games, 6 level 6 end games, 6 level 5 end games, etc etc, that would be over overkill. >.>
No. As I said already same resources spend, same dps. What's going to stop them from building so many towers as you say is that they can only build 4 towers. The point is to reduce lag, remember?
Kurisu wrote:I understand your point is to help reduce lag, but lag is an aspect of the game and is used to slow vampires' actions down. I wouldn't remove the lag at all, makes it "Fun."
Lag is so much fun indeed, I'll have to remember to launch my downloads next time I host a game. No seriously, how can you argue that lag is fun? FWIW I have a good computer and I don't suffer from lag much but lots of vamps who attack my base do, and it's pretty annoying to see them running around and die eventually without being able to do shit. And what about the graphic bug, is that fun too?
Kurisu wrote:If you are really wanting to remove lag try suggesting gold mines :O
Thought about that but we would have to rethink the whole blinkproof system while towers is a pretty easy fix.

Err, that tower trick does work ;p you cannot target the human with v3x while he is in it.

You can't make it so that they can only build 4 of one tower class, you can limit it to 4 of one type, as with healing towers, but not class. That is impossible.
Lag is fun, and it is an aspect of this game, some vamps can't be defeated without it. It is a valid tactic that enjoys widespread use through the history of this game.
Towers is not an easy fix, because of my above statements ;p.

(PS, graphic bug is fun too.)

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Englocked Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:58 am

Kurisu wrote:Err, that tower trick does work ;p you cannot target the human with v3x while he is in it.
Ye but you target his healthbar wich leads to same results

Well if what you say is true about towers (can't argue about it since I
have 0 map making skills), we can still change tower's attack speed/
projectiles to reduce the lag.

About the word "fun" I think "lame" is the one you want to use!

Englocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Nope, fun is what I wanted to use, I enjoy abusing lag on vampires.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down