VsPortal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete vampires Guide.

+10
deuuuuude
theorchero
d4rk_moonlight
alexyong
[X3]RoXaS
mamangan
iLawlAtYou
MysteriousMan
magidoz
Kurisu
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Complete vampires Guide. Empty Complete vampires Guide.

Post by Kurisu Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am

COMPLETE VAMPIRE'S BAREBONE GUIDE
By: Kurisu

This is going to be my guide on vamping. I am generally always winning, and I use this exact strategy. It may have some cheap tricks, but it doesn't mean it isn't wrong, everything was put in the game for a reason, Right?

Start off:
Choose Illidan model because it is sexy.
==================================================================================
Your level pattern will be simple, max out lightning, then worry about stomp, then worry about heal, and finally crit.

Always level lightning first, it is an awesome weapon to use for feed.

==================================================================================

Build your Research Center (RC) in front of the gate shop. This gives you quick access and view of the item shop.
Purchase 4 boots of speed and 1 vamp concoction.
Farsight bottom right.
Find a base that has low to no worker hp upgrade, this is a perfect feeder base. Do not kill this base if they do not upgrade their HP after your first round of lightnings. Make sure you have farsight on the base when you use it, because if farsight runs out, lightning stops.
Gather as much as you can before going back, you should be back by 2:30, and earn at least 130 gold.
Sell 2 boots of speed, and get an Urn and Teleportation device.

Buy graves as soon as they appear in the shop and have them saved in your research center, unholy graves are cruel and unusual to the unsuspecting player. Normal graves also can do superior damage to level 2 workers when accompanied with Lightning.

Get at least 300 gold, this is where you have choices.

-If a human by this point has gotten Command Center (CC) then get the cheapest shield, as you will need this to survive. Feed until you can get demonic remains.

-If all humans have upgraded walls or not gotten (CC) by this time save for Demonic Remains. Feed off basic bases, after you get demonic remains, grab the lowest level shield.

After you have demonic remains, attack bases continually, and use the Assassin Distraction Method (ADM)

====================================================================================
Guide to ADM:

Buy one assassin.
Make sure you have armor.
Find the base with the highest level workers.
Go to that base with your vampire, and your assassin following behind, but not closely.
Upgrade assassin HP while in route.
Have your vampire attack the walls so that the towers hit the vampire.
Teleport in with assassin and get fun kills Very Happy

IF THE HUMAN HAS A TOWER IN WORKER AREA:

See if you can get close. If you can get close enough for you to lightning, they can attack you, so farsight, then lightning their workers, you can get your assassin in while the comet/oracle is hitting you.

AMD Advanced!

Upgrade your minion health to at least level four.

Attack another base, and sit there, watch all bases with urn, and see who has highest workers. Then move to that base.
Take your assassin to that base and kill workers, since your assassin has good armor and HP, the comets will have to work harder to kill it, along with oracles. If you are attacking the wall while you are doing this, they do not realize they have lost workers until they are all gone, and by the time they are upgrading towers to fix this, you can tele out.

====================================================================================

Get up to 5000 gold doing this method, always attack the places that have lowest level workers first, AMD is only for attacking bases where grave/lightning doesn't work. (Grave lightning works up to level 2 harvesters.)

Now with 5000 gold, you have a couple choices.

IF you have more than 5k stats, save money for quick kitty claw. Your demonic remains should have buffed you quite a bit.

IF you have less than 5k stats, keep feeding till you have more, but upgrade shield if towers become too strong.
Continue feeding until you get kitty.

--------------------------
If you haven't noticed this strategy is about rushing kitty claw, if done right it is fool proof.

Now you have a kitty claw, kill the middle strength bases first, they are the ones that can be a pain in the ass late game, but are weak enough to kill and stop and get feed from. Save feeder bases.

Obviously, by the time you have kitty claw, SOMEONE should have Base of Operations. (BoO) in the event that that happens, if you can kill them, kill them, if you can't feed on everything else, for they are your priority.

Feed until you have enough for a second kitty claw.

Stacking kitty claws stacks the multiplier, unlike tiger claws. Do not get tiger claws as they are a waste, and two kitties can generally kill everything under the sun.

IF YOU OPPONENT HAS ENDGAME TOWERS:
Instead of getting 2nd kitty, get mask of undeath, this will help so much because you will survive the "accursed" Fearie walls that good humans use.

Save up until you can get 2 kitty claws, 1 mask of undeath, and vamp concoction, along with teleport and urn.This build helps tremendously, and if you can get a third kitty, you pretty much have won no matter what.

Other tricks:

During gameplay, you do not have to follow these exact guidlines, improvise around, this is just a barebone strategy. I prefer to get remains AND sphere, sphere adds stats along the way and so do remains, making life easier, SOMETIMES.

If humans have the insane desire to build their Gold Mines inside of your base, build 2 unholy graves and stack them on the other side of the cliff, this will kill them and get you the feed for them, along with the stats that come with it due to demonic remains.

If you only have one feeder base, get a ring of greed, this will allow your feeder base to become more profitable.

Mass graves if you don't need unholies.

Massing graves all over the place can really confuse the opponent into where you are, along with hassling workers and slowing production.

Kill highest strength base you can kill, never go down and kill lowest unless you HAVE to.
That way you can still have a feeder base later on.

To kill stacked goldmines, stand by the stack that is blocking your way and hit the hotkey "h," or perform hold position. Your vampire will have fun crumbing the goldmines to nothing.

To kill spiked walls, I recommend you get an immunity shield unless you are suiciding. (Spiked walls aren't as tough as people think, they are easier to kill than onyx IF you have immunity.)

To maximize damage on something and minimize your own damage, get mask of insanity, it gives defense, AND 2 clones which deal considerable damage when stacked with double kitty claw. (Multipliers stack with illusions' base damage and the other kitty claws, the equation works like this:
Vamp Dmg x kitty claw multiplier x kitty claw multiplier / 4)

If you can rush it, Doom Armor can be worth it. Mixing it with Claw of Dreadlord can easily kill an onyx if they have them.

If you harass people constantly throughout the game instead of focusing on one person, you can maximize your feed and slow humans, remember not to attack one person, but hit many. If bases are close to each other, they can be a hassle in the end because they can help each other out. Mess with those first to slow them down.

Another funny trick, use a mini vamp's speed aura with marines. You can increase their attack speed by a lot, this can come in handy if you have a couple of em to pick of towers from long range. ^.^

Spreading around graves and shades is helpful. You can use them as teleportation points to speed up your movement, every second counts.

Please Post more suggestions for me to write on the next post! I will add them if they are true!

Thank you for reading my guide to vampires. I hope this helps.

CREDITS TO MAIN GUIDE

SaMmM
MapMaker

Kurisu.
Guide Maker/Ex EVSS Shaman/EVSS Co Founder

Gr3g
Highest Forum Mod/CORE Chieftan

Raphy
My mentor/EVSS Chieftan/EVSS Co Founder

Ilawlatyou
Contributer/Mod

mangaman
Contributer

Last edited by Kurisu on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:12 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : added credits)

Kurisu

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Complete vampires Guide. Empty Suggestions!

Post by Kurisu Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:04 am

Suggestions from other players that are valid!

======================================================================================

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion 1 by: magidoz
If you cannot find any workers to get, go for the slayers, give up a couple levels for crit in the beginning if you see everyone upgrading their workers' hp.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strategy Mod By: magidoz
Set yourself up at the beginning with starting items being urn, assassin (ASAP) damage upgrade, and dracula's helms, along with a shade army if you can.
Assassin's ability to crush every worker is really helpful when uncountered in the beginning due to lack of high power towers. Allowing you to earn a quick buck.
After you get a couple more damage upgrades, dracula's helms become powerful against all of the emerald walls early game, make sure to eliminate slayers though.
Use Shade Armies to attack more than one base at once, it can increase goldflow, and maximize the damage you can cause in a short amount of time. It will also hassle more than one opponent at a time, and when upgraded, it is relatively cheap to replace.

Build Pros: It is good for a rush, allows for a quick game.
Build Cons: Dracula's Helm is powerful, but easily useless after a bit, I personally would save for demonic, but if you are a rusher, and experienced, go ahead and rush, you probably will win.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Early Start Feed By: splakatum27
When you start off, get 4 boots, 1 concoction and one level 1 infernal. Chain lightning as usual, but shoot the infernal into the base and target the tent, that gives 50 gold. Then, you have more than enough gold for bats, which are quick kills on humans, if you can catch them at the three minute shop, you have an easy game ahead of you and a good start.
Build Pros: It is good for a rush, allows for a quick game.
Build Cons: This strategy may be banned at times because of the rings. Also, more than likely you are going to kill the noob/feeder of the game in the process, which can take from your later on gold.

Last edited by Kurisu on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Complete vampires Guide. Empty Re: Complete vampires Guide.

Post by magidoz Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm

My suggestion is:
If u can't find any human who didn't upgrade their workers HP (which will ruins this strategy), go for slayers..
Get 1 stomp and 2 crit at the beginning and kill them..

And my first spend for Gold would be Urn, asassin ASAP (at 3 minutes will be very good), tele, damage upgrade and 2 dracula helmets, shade armies..
Asassin at 3 minutes will make u very rich, as no comets and u can kill many furlborgs and fangs easily..
4-5 damage upgrades and 2 dracula can be used to break many emerald walls before remains comes to play, just make sure u kill slayers first..
Shade armies are useful to attack 2 bases at one time, for gold boost..

And 3 kitties are NOT a guarantee to win, I have killed 3-4 vamps with 3 kitties easily, by stacking goldmines and 40 end game towers..
Lag wins against any vamp, even level 100 vamp with 3 tigers, insane mask, lich king, etc..
And I think tiger multiplier is stack, but with another tiger, not with kitty..

magidoz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Ha ha, you are right about most of your statements, I will rewrite it, but no, tigers do not stack with themselves or kitties, it is something about the coding because you cannot have a multiplier as a normal item ability. If the multiplier was written differently each time, it is possible that one could multiply and one couldn't.

A noob vamp is one that looses with 3 kitties. lol, if you have three kitties the tactic is go for the strongest down. You should never leave the strongest unhit throughout a game. If you let anyone build, you will lose ;D

(I haven't once lost with three kitties, but I have lost with two against Raphy and Exsanguinated.)

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by MysteriousMan Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:13 am

Thank you for the guide, and never doubt kurisu. he knows alot
MysteriousMan
MysteriousMan

Mood : Complete vampires Guide. Icon_twisted
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:01 pm

thank you mystery. ^.^

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by iLawlAtYou Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 am

With 5k gold, its better to get a Doom Armour, and a Claw of Dreadlord.

With 8k. instead of getting kitty, its better to get Doom Armour and Heart of blood.

1 Kitty cannot break Onyx Wall.

Doom Armour and Heart of Blood can.

iLawlAtYou
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:30 am

iLawlAtYou wrote:With 5k gold, its better to get a Doom Armour, and a Claw of Dreadlord.

With 8k. instead of getting kitty, its better to get Doom Armour and Heart of blood.

1 Kitty cannot break Onyx Wall.

Doom Armour and Heart of Blood can.

This is so true.

And about the strategy, it is all about harvesters and pushing the wall. I know it may sound gay but amassing shades with decent upgrades can kick ass. And no triple kitty can win against a spike wall, unless you have immunity shield which was not part of your strategy. Sometimes being a caster type vamp works better on human players oriented on their fronts.

mamangan

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Well, getting doom armor and heart of blood is a waste of gold. There are many creative ways to gather gold, if you buy something unnecessary though, you will not get the full rush complete.

Plus, since you have demonic remains, you gather stats, if you have enough stats, 50% of the time you will be able to kill onyx with a single claw, and if you can't, get assassins and upgrade hp/armor 4 times, you can survive 2 strikes from end game, let alone the weaker towers.

But I will add it in just a min.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to read mangaman's post. This is a barebone strategy, at the bottom it says to, essentially, improvise. If someone gets spike, you obviously need to get shield. If someone gets tank, or something of an insanely high def strategy, you could use something such as mask of insanity. I left this open ended lol.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by iLawlAtYou Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:15 pm

I did not see your argument on why doom armor and heart of blood is a waste of gold.

At the 12th minute mark (when kitty becomes available), most people have already gotten an onyx wall, which is pretty much impossible to break with a kitty claw.

You can do anything with enough stats. But with the same amount of stats, a doom armor and a heart of blood can do much more, especially early on when inventory slots do not matter much.

The reason why doom armor is better is because its available from the 6th minute onwards. Also you can get it with only 4.5k gold, and buy CoDs until you get the heart of blood.

iLawlAtYou
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [X3]RoXaS Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:06 pm

agree with fapper

[X3]RoXaS

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:57 am

Well, you have to think about it though, that is just a temporary fix, if you are wishing to survive, you need a kitty, and when you resell doom armor and HoB, you don't get enough back that is worth it.

Of course, this is just an argument of strategies, I prefer using kitty claw instead of doom armor, unless I absolutely have to. I can get gold in a million different ways without moving my vampire, so I do not really need to get doom armor, I can get kitty claw. Plus, once you have kitty claw, and get another, multipliers stack.

Also, per my strategy, you are supposed to not eliminate feeder bases, just harass, meaning, they should still be weak, but built up enough to boost you from 4.5 k for doom/CoD to 7.5, which is enough for kitty.

Also, your demonic remains has MORE than enough power to supply you with the life to just use CoD if need be. (unless of course you didn't get remains fast enough, in which you would need some help.)

I don't know how else to explain this, I haven't lost with this unless it was against Raphy AND exsanguinated. I play a lot of VS as vamp right now too, and I got my shaman ranks BECAUSE i never lost. I do know what I am talking about.

I see your point though, but this is simply an argument of strategies, I added it to the "Other Tricks" section of the guide.

EDIT:
Doom armor isn't worth it, without the multiplier it is useless unless you have less than 5k stats already.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by [X3]RoXaS Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:30 am

I agreed that doom armor doesn't worth if u buy demonic remains but HoB will get a better effect with onynx wall at 12th minutes and i think it worth to buy.

[X3]RoXaS

Back to top Go down

Post by iLawlAtYou Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:33 am

Doom Armor, Heart of Blood and 1 Kitty > 2 Kitties.

Roughly the same price.

2 Kitties can barely damage a tank wall with 4 humans repairing.

Doom Armor build will completely rape it.

Try it once. Then compare the two builds.

iLawlAtYou
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [X3]RoXaS Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:09 am

but once vamp use CoD with 2 kitty claws, the result will be same. lol!

[X3]RoXaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:02 am

Well, when you have 2 kitty claws 50% of the time you won't need CoD.

When resold Doom Armor, Heart of Blood do not add up to get the final claw, which is a gg anyways.

It is still an argument of strategies, I personally like mine better, I am not a caster vamp except for my lightning. I never buy heart of blood, if I ever get the need to do it, I just get CoD, because I never use it more than once anyways. Last time I have used CoD was when VS first came out, and that was on a slayer to kill a vamp.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by iLawlAtYou Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:58 am

It may not add up, but if you get into a base, you get more than enough for a kitty.

Its not an argument of strategies. Heart of Blood and Doom Armor is proven to be better than 1 kitty. As of now, its preference of strategy.

You say 2 kitties? Good luck getting a kitty after your first when you can't get into other people's base.

EDIT: Your guide mentions that you use the Assassin as your main gold income. Demonic Remains only give stats on kills made by the vampire. How do you expect to get 5k stats like that?

iLawlAtYou
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:29 pm

You aren't killing many units anyways with assassins, only high level ones. I mention assassin as a good source of income, it isn't your main, your main should be getting into bases that are hard to get into. That being said, your stats shouldn't have to come from your assassin, your assassin just helps you to get stronger.

Heart of Blood and Doom armor is not better than 1 kitty claw, kitty claw and ONE CoD is more than sufficient. Half the time you do not even need that much, the only time I would use Doom armor and heart of blood would be in a 1v1 match. Otherwise, there is always another base to get into.

If you get demonic remains at 6 (I always do) then it is EASY to get 5k stats.
You won't even need to worry about assassin, I use assassin as my main "Uh oh" income. It helps if I can't help myself. Simple as that, and yes I express using assassins a lot, they are reliable.

Plus, I also mention that I get sphere also, breaking into bases gets even easier, plus it gives stats every now and then too.

Please note that I wouldn't have written this guide unless I knew what I was talking about. You play differently than me, I respect that, now lets get on with our lives, if you have a suggestion please post it, not a complaint that I have argued about already and showed that I won't change with already. I added that your doom armor and heart of blood can be used, but I won't use it myself, and I won't change my mind. So no need to continue expressing this ^.^

Thanks!

EDIT:

Also, remember, Doom armor is the worst thing to fight a slayer wall. Yes, a slayer wall can easily be achieved by placing a mask of undeath and full kitty claws on a slayer. If you have doom armor you have no combative chance, but kitty claw has a large multiplier against slayers.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by iLawlAtYou Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Slayer Wall? If a human can farm a mask of undeath and full kitty on a slayer (which is 35k) during the 7th to 12th minute where doom and kitty is avaliable, you're pretty much fucked.

Yes, Kitty and CoD is better.

But it can also kill you. 1 Kitty will not give you enough hp to survive towers after CoD wears off. If you have no lag or delay, and your timing is good, then yes. Kitty and CoD is better.

I believe Doom Armor and CoD is better since its available earlier, and its cheaper than the Kitty Claw.

Finally, the doom armor can be upgraded into the ice helmet thing (which name escapes my thoughts as of now). +2800 armor and the ability to stop humans repairing the walls is awesome later into the game.

iLawlAtYou
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:08 pm

iLawlAtYou wrote:Slayer Wall? If a human can farm a mask of undeath and full kitty on a slayer (which is 35k) during the 7th to 12th minute where doom and kitty is avaliable, you're pretty much fucked.

Yes, Kitty and CoD is better.

But it can also kill you. 1 Kitty will not give you enough hp to survive towers after CoD wears off. If you have no lag or delay, and your timing is good, then yes. Kitty and CoD is better.

I believe Doom Armor and CoD is better since its available earlier, and its cheaper than the Kitty Claw.

Finally, the doom armor can be upgraded into the ice helmet thing (which name escapes my thoughts as of now). +2800 armor and the ability to stop humans repairing the walls is awesome later into the game.

Some mathcraft here, with 7500+ to strength, and 120 HP per 1 str, thats 900,000 HP. So the kitty stats are enough for CoD, and still have some life from your original stats.

Slayer wall is too expensive, and with vamps having millions in their crits, doomed.

Never bothered with doom armor upgrade though, coz i never reached that far yet.

mamangan

Back to top Go down

Post by iLawlAtYou Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Okaayyyy.

Maybe It does give enough hp.

But doom armor is still cheaper.

iLawlAtYou
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:54 pm

iLawlAtYou wrote:Okaayyyy.

Maybe It does give enough hp.

But doom armor is still cheaper.

sure you can farm that doom armor, better buy an early CoD though. This is because human players like me loves stealing graves, so if i can buy that long cooldown CoD why not?

mamangan

Back to top Go down

Post by iLawlAtYou Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:22 am

If gold permits, i buy CoD almost everytime it comes of cd.

iLawlAtYou
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Lol... I STILL LIKE KITTY CLAW AND IT HASN'T BETRAYED ME Q.Q

It is just SAFER to get KC.

1800000 + hp and a multiplier. Mixing that with a mask of undeath is deadly, or with another kitty claw that has a stacking multiplier.

I am also looking at this as a more down the road thing, getting one kitty now constitutes not having to farm extra to get that one back for double kitty.

Lol, it is just an argument of strategies as I said. Nothing more, don't try and tell me yours is better, because I personally believe it isn't ^.^, I haven't lost with mine unless it was against something evil, like the worker wall. (Which shouldn't be possible, SaMmM, a limit on super workers is always nice ^.^)

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by magidoz Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Well, I dont even scared if a vamp has 5 kitties or somewhat..
You know, with 3 tigers or 4 kitties, vamp can destroy any wall with one hit, I repeat, one hit, but I still can defend against him..

Build 3 layers of gold mines, the front u stack as many as possible, and when vamp hit them u rebuild in second layer, stack again..
With help of slayers invul, it will took like forever for vamp to destroy all GMs, not to mention 35++ end game towers will drain his HP fast, so he must heal, that means he move a little, and take long time to start hit the GM wall again becoz it will be extremely lag..

I think u never lose with 3 kitties becoz u never encounter pro enough players who play with GM wall, and use lag as main weapon..
I have won against 4 kitties, mask, level 100 vamp with this strat, they never able to break my GM wall..

The only counter to this strat is by using 8-10 marines to shoot down end game towers, that still not in ur guide..

And marines strat still can be countered by upgrading end game towers HP, heal them with super health towers beetwen marines cooldown attack, and fend the marines using upgraded range slayers with kitties..

magidoz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next