VsPortal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete vampires Guide.

+10
deuuuuude
theorchero
d4rk_moonlight
alexyong
[X3]RoXaS
mamangan
iLawlAtYou
MysteriousMan
magidoz
Kurisu
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Complete vampires Guide. - Page 3 Empty Re: Complete vampires Guide.

Post by theorchero Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:29 am

Good guide, but noob unfriendly (i.e. Me) - as in you need some idea of what you are refrencing to.

Try adding pictures, icons, etc in a noob-friendly guide.
theorchero
theorchero

Mood : Complete vampires Guide. - Page 3 Icon_cool
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-06-21

http://theorchero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deuuuuude Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:50 pm

some strategies you may have missed
:getting dmg upgrades 5 times to break emmy wall early.

-bin laden to be used on people who have many weak towers(flame,opal rocket tower,anything lower than 3k hp etc) and harvesters.Most people do not expect bin laden(2000 range,3000 dmg aoe, selfdestruct,nice hp to tank towers while it moves within range,helps in getting the 5 dmg ups at the research centre)

deuuuuude

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by magidoz Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:10 am

Well, ring of retard is very useful in my country as vamps only allowed to buy kitty at 25 mins =p

I have never tried a bin laden, is that really works ?

magidoz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 am

iLawlAtYou wrote:There is no such thing as a true Vampire's Guide.

Every item and skill is situational, since not every game is the same.

Holes in a player's base? Sphere of Doom

Potential Holes in a player's base? Burst, Rico Gem, Inferno + Sphere

Gap in walling? Shade.

I hope you get my point.

Please read the whole guide before you post something like this -.- I said it was a barebone and that you would have to improvise. I know there is no perfect guide because every game is situational. This is a starting point. Everyone has different ideas and skills, mine are effective for me, which is why I shared it, but not everyone will use this either. So, in conclusion, this guide is a starting point or a reference point for players to get a couple pointers in how to vamp in this game. It is not the end all guide.

Kurisu

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by deuuuuude Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:12 pm

bin laden(the one who looks like techies in dota) works pretty well as a farming tool.Sometimes there are people who mass flame towers or rocket towers...anything 3k hp and below.this people are huge feed.for a 125 gold investment you can get back 500+ gold.it doesn't even need to come within the tower's range to destroy the building.even if it did it still can tank pretty well.and it's easy to use.Just buy it,and click detonate and click on the spot you want it to suicide.

It is useful to blow up fatass tents which people often use to anti assasin.people who anti assasin usually are complacent about their workers because they believe there's no way the vamp will be able to blink an assasin in,which makes it great feed for the vamp if you manage to get 4th tier and 5th tier harvesters.Just park it near the tents before you use bin laden.

btw kurisu,I'm still learning how to play vamp well.Could you tell me how you slow down /hit every base?I can't seem to be able to do so.

deuuuuude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:40 am

Hitting every base is also known as map ports. Map ports are relatively simple to do, when I play I have either shades or graves spread across the map. This and a staff of teleportation allows you to jump from place to place rapidly.

The reason you want to hit every base is to impede your opponent. It shouldn't be done religiously though, more so to your own judgement. If you find an opponent farther ahead than others, but not too tough, try taking him out, if you find an opponent way higher than others, feed on the next strongest base you can, never attack the weakest unless that is your last resort.

To slow people down in the beginning, I buy 5 boots of speed and concoction, I then max out my lightning at the beginning, and go worker hunting. There is always bound to be one idiot who doesn't upgrade workers. If not, you can sit at the strongest persons base and keep lightning them, this will force them to deto, or build a wall of hp there, both of which are victories in my book.

This game is about speed, and in any way that you can hinder your opponent, even if it is just building an extra wall, will help you in the end.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Kurisu wrote:Hitting every base is also known as map ports. Map ports are relatively simple to do, when I play I have either shades or graves spread across the map. This and a staff of teleportation allows you to jump from place to place rapidly.

The reason you want to hit every base is to impede your opponent. It shouldn't be done religiously though, more so to your own judgement. If you find an opponent farther ahead than others, but not too tough, try taking him out, if you find an opponent way higher than others, feed on the next strongest base you can, never attack the weakest unless that is your last resort.

To slow people down in the beginning, I buy 5 boots of speed and concoction, I then max out my lightning at the beginning, and go worker hunting. There is always bound to be one idiot who doesn't upgrade workers. If not, you can sit at the strongest persons base and keep lightning them, this will force them to deto, or build a wall of hp there, both of which are victories in my book.

This game is about speed, and in any way that you can hinder your opponent, even if it is just building an extra wall, will help you in the end.

True in the part that there would always be one idiot. But in the part of aiming the strongest player, that's totally stupid. A strong or best player I have seen has a minimum worker hp of 1100 and a wall of health right after 10 sec of vamp spawn.

So if every human does that, the vamp is just a sitting duck. And when you said that there would always be one idiot, then vamp speed can't go competitive then.

mamangan

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by deuuuuude Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:48 pm

1100 hp tier 1 harvesters,and sometimes even the 1850 hp tier 1 harvesters are graveable if the graves are really close to the harvesters,and the human is inattentive to the grave+ chain for a couple more seconds than usual.The problem comes with bases with harvesters that are further away from the grave,which gives them ample time to deto even with 1100 hp only.

deuuuuude

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:10 am

deuuuuude wrote:1100 hp tier 1 harvesters,and sometimes even the 1850 hp tier 1 harvesters are graveable if the graves are really close to the harvesters,and the human is inattentive to the grave+ chain for a couple more seconds than usual.The problem comes with bases with harvesters that are further away from the grave,which gives them ample time to deto even with 1100 hp only.

The fact that the vamp must roam around puts him in the situation where he might not grab the graves right before humans steal them. He can only get a grave at the 2nd minute mark, while humans have everything prepared against chain lightning a few seconds after vamp spawns. Even if you employ hotkeys, 1 person versus a lot of persons clicking on the grave before it gets available is really the challenge.

mamangan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Then don't get graves, there are more ways to get feed. Arguing over small things won't help, EVERYTHING is situational, if you can't do that then don't do it. I explain how things would work, you don't use them every time, common sense. People can counter everything you do, but don't always do so because they forget. So, lets not worry about specifics, if you see something wrong in my guide, the please feel free to post it, but arguing about small strategies is useless, that isn't what this is here for. This is here to educate people who don't know how to play vamp and also people who are seasoned who want to change things up.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:40 am

I know you want a macro level of thinking, but the micro level deserves to be given the same importance.

And as far as i know, your guide having a title of being complete makes others go against it. It says "Complete vampires Guide".

Nuff said.

mamangan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Yes, but it is complete as in, a person can follow this and play the game, it isn't the end all game guide. As I said before >.>

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by splakatum27 Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:18 pm

I have my own strategy of feeding the vamp in the early game... i'll buy first 4 Boots + 1 VampConcoction + 1 Infernal I (5 gold) and farsight bottom right... then ill attack first the base with low workers' hp and use chain lightning for feed... i'll land then the infernal inside the feeder's base and attack the tent first (which gives 50 gold when destroyed) then ill return to my base and drop all my items and buy 6 ring of hell lords and ill wait for feeders to blink their main humans on the sven shop and kill them... this gives me about 500-1000 gold and it is a good start for the vamp...

splakatum27

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:31 pm

That is interesting, I haven't seen that before. I will gladly add you to the list Very Happy

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm

splakatum27 wrote:I have my own strategy of feeding the vamp in the early game... i'll buy first 4 Boots + 1 VampConcoction + 1 Infernal I (5 gold) and farsight bottom right... then ill attack first the base with low workers' hp and use chain lightning for feed... i'll land then the infernal inside the feeder's base and attack the tent first (which gives 50 gold when destroyed) then ill return to my base and drop all my items and buy 6 ring of hell lords and ill wait for feeders to blink their main humans on the sven shop and kill them... this gives me about 500-1000 gold and it is a good start for the vamp...

Loopholes:

It is not 100% that you can far sight and see the base with the lowest worker HP. You must never assume that.

A fatass tent has 3k HP, it would take time for the infernal to destroy it, slayers can easily blink in then kill your infernal. It "might" have been better to w8 and have urn first.

And 6 ring of hell lords won't work on humans sending slayers, sometimes others use the main human but with invul on.

Even 300 gold is more than enough to have a very good start, considering very good human players.

mamangan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:18 am

You are right though, I believe I put some cons up to it in the front, I might edit it due to your insight on this.

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by splakatum27 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:00 pm

yeah... the success rate of my strategy depends on the first far sight if it revealed some feeders that will just let the infernal to destroy their tents... luckily i always reveal some on the bottom middle or bottom right base... it also depends on the number of feeders that will blink their main human on the sven shop without divine shield or slayers with low hp

splakatum27

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm

True, personally I wouldn't use the bats, dislike them with a passion after a couple easy kills, ruins game for me xD But they can be helpful at times, thanks for the input though!

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Englocked Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:05 pm

One misconception in this topic : boots don't stack

About goldmines wall, it was an unfair and almost unbeatable strategy(provided human has enough dps) some versions ago. Now vamps can counter with "spirit" item.

I'm surprised no one mentioned rod of teleportation glitch, easily the cheapest way to quickly get into many bases as in most games around 50% of humans don't know how to counter and approximately 0% know how it works.

Englocked

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:35 am

You mean shade tp?

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Englocked Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 am

yes

Englocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 am

Lol, I only use that against humans who think they know everything about the game lol. I try not to mention glitches in my guide either, considering that it is technically cheating >.> But hey, pathing errors are pathing errors right?

Kurisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Englocked Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:16 am

I for one don't consider it cheating as it's easily counterable.

Englocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Are you pertaining to shades getting too close the entrance and so the vamp gets teleported inside the base?

mamangan

Back to top Go down

Post by Englocked Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:31 am

Exactly Razz

Englocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next