How to counter: The Missle!! :) (the one that destroys buildings)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to counter: The Missle!! :) (the one that destroys buildings)

Post by rinxx420 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:32 am

Everyone is always complaining about how missile is so Imba and some ppl actually ban it from there games.... the fact at the matter is that missile is easily countered. How???

Gold mines!!:
Theres a reason they stack on top of each other Smile... when your covering your base with goldmines make sure to stack about 3-4 on each other. it gives the illusion that there is only 1 goldmine and the vamp will take advantage of that... and when he uses it its a waste of gold XD. make sure your goldmines have more then 9k!! the vamp may have ricochet so make sure to upgrade!! Very Happy
Trees!!!
Your peasant has the ability to cut down trees and regrow them. if time is not a factor cut down the trees surrounding your base and build goldmines!! then regrow the trees Smile... this will give the vamp another obstacle to go through.
Slayer!!
Theres nothing easier and simpler then clicking on your Slayers invulnerable ability to avoid missle... but its a little more difficult then that XD... the slayer actually takes a little practice to get good at.. Tomes are a good friend in this matter... surround your base in tomes if u see a missle blink your slayer there invuln ability saveD Very Happy.. takes some practice to get but once u get it down its uber easy to do Smile
Walls!!
the last thing u want is for the vamp to use missle on your wall and then be defense less... thats y i recommended having 2-3 walls!! Make sure the first or 2nd wall is either GOLD WALL or Spell Immune!! they are both immune to spells... immune to spells= no missle, laden, poison.

Ill Keep adding things if i find more ways to avoid the missle!! please feel free to post and tell me how much of a good/bad job i did. Razz or you can type in your own strategies they'll be posted on this post with credit towards you of course Razz

Enjoy!!

Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile

Last edited by rinxx420 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
rinxx420

Mood :
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to counter: The Missle!! :) (the one that destroys buildings)

Post by rqx on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Gold wall FTW

You will be able to see the vamp using v3 on your base as the vamp has casting time. When he takes out a retaining wall with a v3 you could build up another depending on how strong he is, but prevention is key (don't give him the opportunity to take a retaining wall down)

rqx

Mood :
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rinxx420 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 am

30 views 1 reply Sad
rinxx420

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinchiew on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 am

erm... overall good guide, ntg more to add on it so i didn't reply xDD.

Admin

Mood :
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MySpaceBarBroke on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:49 am

Noice guide...Helpful for all those noobs that say "v3 is overpowered" and hosts who ban it, it can easily be countered. Just those smilies annoy me, especially this one >Razz.
MySpaceBarBroke

Mood :
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Nice guide, and I love how you annoy MySpaceBarBroke
Momo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinchiew on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:19 pm

i think he's talking bout me? xD

Admin

Mood :
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gippal on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:45 pm

who's talking about you?

huh?

btw nice guides... and rinx if you could post it with some screen shot it would be great...
Gippal

Mood :
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rinxx420 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:38 am

ah! yes screenies ill get rite on it Smile
rinxx420

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mamangan on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:55 pm

I think this is essential for new players.

Other strats can be found too advance. Such counter strats are only effective on decent vamps.

mamangan

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by megamanX70 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:05 pm

rinxx420 wrote:Everyone is always complaining about how missile is so Imba and some ppl actually ban it from there games.... the fact at the matter is that missile is easily countered. How???

Gold mines!!:
Theres a reason they stack on top of each other Smile... when your covering your base with goldmines make sure to stack about 3-4 on each other. it gives the illusion that there is only 1 goldmine and the vamp will take advantage of that... and when he uses it its a waste of gold XD. make sure your goldmines have more then 9k!! the vamp may have ricochet so make sure to upgrade!! Very Happy
Trees!!!
Your peasant has the ability to cut down trees and regrow them. if time is not a factor cut down the trees surrounding your base and build goldmines!! then regrow the trees Smile... this will give the vamp another obstacle to go through.
Slayer!!
Theres nothing easier and simpler then clicking on your Slayers invulnerable ability to avoid missle... but its a little more difficult then that XD... the slayer actually takes a little practice to get good at.. Tomes are a good friend in this matter... surround your base in tomes if u see a missle blink your slayer there invuln ability saveD Very Happy.. takes some practice to get but once u get it down its uber easy to do Smile
Walls!!
the last thing u want is for the vamp to use missle on your wall and then be defense less... thats y i recommended having 2-3 walls!! Make sure the first or 2nd wall is either GOLD WALL or Spell Immune!! they are both immune to spells... immune to spells= no missle, laden, poison.

Ill Keep adding things if i find more ways to avoid the missle!! please feel free to post and tell me how much of a good/bad job i did. Razz or you can type in your own strategies they'll be posted on this post with credit towards you of course Razz

Enjoy!!

Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile Razz Very Happy Smile
Nice tip.Useful in mid or late games. Very Happy

megamanX70

Mood :
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UlquiorraSan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:46 pm

rinxx420 wrote:Everyone is always complaining about how missile is so Imba and some ppl actually ban it from there games.... the fact at the matter is that missile is easily countered. How???

Gold mines!!:
Trees!!!
Slayer!!
Walls!!

Enjoy!!

Build Divine Wall or Immune Wall but if early game use Slayer Invul but it won't work 100% or if Vamp is casting the missle far away, once you see the missle emitting from the Vamp, quickly destroy the wall and rebuild it and upgrade or whatever, the missle won't work against the new wall.

UlquiorraSan

Mood :
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DEAncientNaga on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 pm

My add-on suggestion is...

You could build towers and stack your gold mines on it.
Maybe you all thought this is just wasting money but I just thought about it can anti Abomination's Hook and Unholy Grave
DEAncientNaga

Mood :
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-03-13

View user profile http://vampirismspeed.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by UlquiorraSan on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Its talking about v3 lol..

UlquiorraSan

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DEAncientNaga on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:49 am

I know, but this way I build can also defend from other things : )
DEAncientNaga

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by UlquiorraSan on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 am

Why stack goldmines on towers?

UlquiorraSan

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DEAncientNaga on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:09 pm

can anti sphere of doom : P
DEAncientNaga

Mood :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurisu on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:56 am

Closed due to necro.

Ex Shaman of lSol
Ex Shaman of IdP

Currently playing on USEast as Kurisu@Azeroth. I have an icon finally, sorry about forgetting kuribot's channel.

Kurisu

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2009-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top